Thursday, March 8, 2012

Progress report? Urm...

So a lot of people have been asking me over the last few weeks how this whole 'stashdown 2012' target of mine is coming along.

I have decided to give you as vague an overview as possible, as opposed to going into any real detail, as real detail would only serve to show my plan for the disaster that it is.

There has been knitting. Some of it has indeed been stuff that was on my queue in January, and some of that has even been from wool I already owned in January. However, some of it has been as a result of new additions, to both queue and stash. No, I do not have any willpower. At all. And I never said I did. So if anyone out there is feeling particularly let down at the overall spectacularness of my inactivity to date, two things - (a) I never made any promises, and (b) thanks for reading and all, but you should probably go get out more! ;o)

Ah no, come back, you know I didn't mean that! Seriously though, I have found myself wondering, what the hell was I thinking? I know how fast I knit, and I know I need to knit a hell of a lot faster to cover even half of what I've lined up. Oh, and I need to stop doing everything else, too, that's proving a distraction (e.g. sleeping, eating, working).

In the interim though, there have been a couple of things done, and I do think it important to acknowledge the acheivements, instead of just focusing on what's not getting done! First up, a lovely purpley Schoppelwolle Holden. Yes, I've done this before. Yes, it's on my queue and linked to another (already-in-my-stash) yarn. Yes, I bought this new yarn intending to make socks out of it. Right now, I'm not caring about any of that, because this is pretty pretty loveliness...


I loves the colours, and the yarn itself is lovely to knit with, nice and 'rounded'...


(Any wrinkles in the background are not the fault of the knitting or the knitter, more because the knitter couldn't be arsed quite making the bed completely smoothly and properly before she took these pictures earlier).



Oh, and, finally finally finally, I made me some stitchmarkers...


I have a significant bunch of these babies done (70 in total), and it is my intention to have them into This Is Knit at some stage tomorrow. Original intention had been to get them in today, but I'm not at all well, so I'm having a bonding session with my duvet. And this yarn...


...which is, I think, shortly to become this pattern. I think. Maybe! Fun so far, though it was only twenty rows in that I realised... dark fluffy fluffy mohair? White white duvet cover? Not AT ALL a good mix (otherwise known as 'what the HELL was I thinking?!?').

Anyhoo, I've probably been upright for a bit longer than intended now, but sure feck it, aren't ye worth it! I'm off back to bed now (and not to knit night >sniffle!<), my Kidsilk awaits... this could be interesting...
:oD



No comments:

Post a Comment